Stripe and Xero
Add Stripe as a payment service so your customers can pay their invoices online.
When you add Stripe as a payment service in Xero, you can:
- Accept credit and debit cards with the Visa or Mastercard logo. Your customer doesn't need to have a Stripe account.
- Accept payments from anywhere in the world.
- Receive payments in the currency associated with your bank account.
- Accept Apple Pay if you have a Stripe account in Australia, Canada, Hong Kong, Singapore, UK, or US.
- Set up Xero to manage your Stripe fees automatically. When your customer pays an invoice, Xero creates a spend money transaction for the fee Stripe charges.
- Set up Xero to pass Stripe fees on to your customer. Xero will include fees in the payment total when your customer clicks the Pay now button.
Stripe charges a conversion fee when your customer pays in another currency. Stripe allows users in some countries to connect multiple bank accounts and make transfers in multiple currencies. To avoid the conversion fee, connect a bank account for each currency.