Missing spend money transaction for a PayPal fee
Here's what to do if you need to reconcile a PayPal transaction fee but Xero hasn't created a spend money transaction. Manually reconcile the transaction, then update your Xero and PayPal settings.
Reconcile the PayPal fee
- Go to Accounts, then click Bank Accounts.
- Find the PayPal bank account you want to reconcile. Click Reconcile [number] items.
- Find the statement line for the PayPal fee, then create a quick spend money transaction and reconcile it.
Update your Xero and PayPal settings
Set up Xero to manage fees automatically
A spend money transaction is created if you selected the automate fees option when setting up PayPal as a payment service, or added PayPal from an approved invoice.
If you use multi-currency, update your PayPal account settings
Your PayPal account settings determine how Xero records a customer's payment. If you manually approve or decline payments, Xero will record the payment as pending and won't create a spend money transaction.
To ensure that Xero always creates a spend money transaction, log in to PayPal and update your account settings:
- Choose all the currencies that you'll accept payment in.
- Select the checkbox to accept payments in other currencies automatically.