Start your Xero organization again
If you've entered incorrect data into your organization, you may wish to start again in a new organization. You can do this by exporting your data from the old organization, editing it as you need, then importing into a new Xero organization. However, before you do this, check if you can fix your data instead.
Can you fix data instead of starting again?
Check if any of these scenarios apply to you before you start again. There might be an easier fix.
Do you need to delete or void invoices or bills?
Do you have duplicates or mismatched bank statement lines?
Have you imported the wrong statements?
- Delete imported statements
- Delete imported statement lines
- Move imported statements to another bank account or organization in Xero
How to start again before you delete your organization
You'll add a new Xero organization first of all. Next, you'll export all the data you need from your original organization. You can then make corrections or changes before you import each file into your new organization.
- Add another organization.
- (Optional) Export:
- Make any corrections or changes you need to in each export file.
- Import each file into your new organization.
- Once you're confident you have everything you need in your new organization, you can cancel your original trial or cancel your original subscription.
- Transfer direct feeds you've set up to your new organization.