Create groups to organize your clients in Partner Edition
You can create groups to categorize your organizations. Group them by business type, frequency of review or account manager, depending on the size of your practice and client base. Only the Principal or a Practice Administrator can add, delete or modify groups.
About Partner Edition groups
Once you've set the access level for a group you can't edit it. You'll need to select all the organizations in the group and move them to a new group with the correct access level.
- You can edit the name of a group you created by clicking Manage Groups.
- An organization can be in more than one group at a time.
- Staff members have access to the practice wide group if they have access to at least one organization added to the practice wide group.
Add a new group
Click New group...
- Name the group.
- If you're Principal you'll have the option to select the group access level. If you select 'Just me', the group will be under My Groups and only visible to you. If you selected 'Practice wide' the group will be under Practice.
- Click Create Group.
Delete a group
If you delete a group that contains organizations, the organizations themselves are not deleted.
Click Manage groups.
Click the x next to the group you want to delete.
- Click Delete Group.
- Click Done.
- Check the box next to the organization you want to add to a group.
- Check the box next to the group you want to add the organization to.
- Click Apply.
Remove organization from group
If you remove an organization from a group, this doesn't delete the organization. Organizations that aren't in groups remain on the default All, Partner Edition or Business screens.
Follow these steps to remove your organization from a group:
- On the Practice or My Groups screen, click on the group that your organization is in.
- Check the box next to the organization you want to remove.
Click Remove from group.
Restricted Access group
If you're a Principal or Practice Administrator, you may have a Restricted Access group in My Xero. This group is created automatically and includes any practice organizations that you haven't been given access to.
Click on the name in the Staff access column to see who in the practice has access.