Copy one or more invoices to a bill
Copy a single invoice, or multiple invoices with the same status, into a new bill. If you're copying multiple invoices, Xero creates one draft bill with all line items from the original invoices.
You can send the bill to a different customer from the invoice or invoices.
- In the Accounts menu, select Sales.
Under Invoices, click the status panel of the invoice(s) you want.You can't copy from the list of all invoices.
- Select the checkbox of the invoice(s) you want, then:
If reminders are off, click Copy to.
If reminders are on, click More, then select Copy to.
- Select Bill and enter the name of the supplier you're creating it for.
- (Optional) Select Use item details if set if you want Xero to use the default values for the purchase description, account, unit price, and tax rate.
- Click Copy or Copy & merge.
- Review the bill and update the details if needed.
- Save or Approve the bill.
Another way to copy an invoice to a new bill is by opening the invoice, clicking on Invoice Options and selecting Copy to.