Invite Xero Support into your organization
If you have Manage Users permission, there are two ways you can invite Xero into your organization, either invite us when you contact us for support or invite us as a user. Inviting Xero into your organization will help us to help you more quickly.
How it works
While we're invited into your organization:
- We have access to your whole organization but we never change any data unless we have your prior permission.
- Our access automatically expires after we've helped you, but you can stop it whenever you want.
- We take confidentiality very seriously and we'll never disclose private information about you. We also have strict controls in place to ensure high levels of security when accessing your organization.
Invite us in when you contact us for support
From the main header, click the question mark.
Type a word or phrase in the search box, then click the magnifying glass icon to search the Help Center.
- Click Contact Xero Support.
- Select the relevant help option.
- Add your subject and a clear description of the issue.
Select the Invite Xero Support into my organization checkbox. If you have more than one organization, select the organization you're inviting us into. You can also start entering the name of the organization to search for it.
Click Send Support Request.
Invite us in as a user
You can invite us into your organization as a user. This is helpful if you've already asked us for support, but we still need access to your organization.
- Go to Settings, then click General Settings.
- Click Users.
- Click Invite Xero Support.
- (Optional) If we don't need access to your payroll information:
- Click Xero Support from the list of users to change our access.
- Clear the Payroll Admin checkbox to remove payroll access.
- Click Save.
- Click Contact Xero Support at the end of this page and let us know you've invited us into your organization.