Update multiple draft fixed assets
You can add draft fixed assets to the template file while you're updating existing assets, and import them together into Xero. If you have many draft fixed assets to change in Xero, you can update them in one go using Xero's CSV template.
About updating draft assets
- You can add draft fixed assets to the template file while you're updating existing assets, and import them together into Xero.
- You can't update registered or disposed fixed assets using this method. Edit individual registered fixed assets instead.
- If you only have a few draft fixed assets to update, it may be quicker to edit them individually.
- You can't delete fixed assets this way but you can remove some individual details, like a serial number.
Before you start
- Make sure you've set up new asset types if you're adding new asset types to your assets.
- Set up tracking categories if you're adding tracking to your assets.
Update draft fixed assets
- Export all the fixed assets from the original organization to a CSV file.
Make any changes you require to the exported assets, and add new assets (if you wish).
- Delete the lines in the CSV file for registered and disposed fixed assets.
- Save the file in CSV format on your computer.
- Upload the fixed assets CSV file to the destination organization in Xero.
- Review the draft assets you've added to your organization.