Can I remove my fixed asset register and start again?
If you decide you want to reverse all depreciation, disposals, and adjustments of all assets in your register, you can change the start date. You need to have the Advisor user role to do this.
To reverse all transactions and move all assets back to draft, you'll need to reset the start date.
When you reset the fixed assets start date:
- All depreciation is reversed.
- All disposals are reversed.
- All adjustments are reversed.
- Each asset will have the rollback information in its history.
You'll need to re-enter the accumulated depreciation for any assets purchased before the new start date.
To reset your fixed assets start date:
- On the Settings menu, click General Settings.
- Under Features, click Fixed Assets.
- Click Change Start Date.
- Select the new start date.
- Click Save.