Import fixed assets into another Xero organization
Export your fixed assets from one Xero organization and import them as draft assets into another organization. You might do this if your client's organization has been taken over, or your client has purchased fixed assets in bulk from another client's organization.
About importing fixed assets into another Xero organization
- All fixed assets are imported as draft assets.
- If you try to import assets with the same asset number as existing registered or disposed assets in the destination organization, Xero won't import the assets.
- If you import assets with the same asset number as existing draft assets in the destination organization, Xero will overwrite the draft assets with the imported data.
Before you start
In the destination organization:
- Make sure you've set up all the asset types for the assets you are about to import.
- (Optional) Set up your tracking categories.
Import fixed assets
- In the original organization, export all the fixed assets to a CSV file.
Make any changes you require to the exported assets, and add new assets (if you wish).
- Save the file in CSV format on your computer.
- In the destination organization, upload the fixed assets CSV file in Xero.
- Review the draft assets in the destination organization.
All assets are added to the register as draft assets. Register them together if you want to start depreciating them.