Run depreciation on fixed assets
Run depreciation to reduce the book value of fixed assets . An asset's depreciation amount depends on its purchase price or cost limit, and the details entered in its book value fields.
About running depreciation
- You can run or roll back depreciation for up to one financial year at a time. If there are no assets to be depreciated in a period, you can still advance the current depreciation date by clicking Confirm.
- The earliest date you can run depreciation from is your fixed asset start date. Any earlier depreciation can be manually entered against the relevant assets and account balances.
- Depreciation is run on registered assets only, not draft, disposed or sold assets.
- Go to Accounts, then click Fixed Assets.
- Click Run Depreciation.
- Select the date you want to run depreciation to.
- Review the depreciation preview.
- Click Confirm.