Change your fixed assets start date
You can change your start date for fixed assets in Xero if you have the Advisor user role. This will affect all your registered and disposed fixed assets.
How are fixed assets affected when you change the start date?
- Disposed assets revert to registered assets.
- Xero rolls back depreciation on all registered assets.
- If you change your start date to a future date, assets with a depreciation start date prior to the new fixed assets start date are reset to draft.
Change the start date for your fixed assets
- On the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under the Features heading, click Fixed Assets.
- Click Change Start Date.
Select the new start date.
- Click Save.