Import fixed assets into Xero in bulk
Import multiple fixed assets into Xero as draft assets if you've been using another system to manage your fixed assets, or if you want to import many fixed assets into your register at once.
Import fixed assets from another Xero organization
If you already have one Xero organization, you can import the fixed assets to another Xero organization.
Before you start importing assets
- Make sure you've created all the asset types for the assets you are going to import.
- (Optional) Set up your tracking categories.
Download the fixed assets template file
- In the Accounts menu, select Fixed Assets.
- Click Import.
- At step 1, click Download template.
- Save the template file to your computer.
Enter all assets into the template
- Open the template on your computer.
- Enter all assets into the template, following the rules and formatting requirements.
- Save the file as a CSV or TXT file type.
Upload the file to Xero
- Go back to the Import Fixed Assets page (if you navigated away from it).
- In step 3, select the date format you used on your template.
- In step 4, click Browse, locate your file and click Open.
- Click Continue.
- At the Import Summary, if there are no errors to fix, click Import.
All assets are added as draft assets. Register them together if you want to start depreciating them.