Delete a registered fixed asset
If you have the Advisor user role, you can delete a registered fixed asset from your register in Xero. You might do this if a registered asset has been entered in error.
About deleting registered fixed assets
- If you've sold or given away the asset, dispose of the asset in Xero instead.
- Xero removes the deleted asset from your organization, including all depreciation and history.
- Deleting an asset created by a transaction in Xero (like a bill or expense claim) won't affect the original transaction.
- You can't restore a deleted asset. If you delete an asset in error, you'll need to add it again.
- You can reuse the deleted asset's asset number.
Deleted a registered asset
- On the Accounts menu, select Fixed Assets.
- Click the Registered tab.
- Click the asset number to open the asset details.
Click Options, then select Delete.
- Click Delete to confirm.