Record a payment on an expense claim
If you have a user role that allows you to pay expense claims, you can record full or partial payments on claims that have been authorized. Paying an expense claim in Xero doesn't process the reimbursement - you'll need to arrange payment separately.
- In the Accounts menu, select Expense Claims
- Click the Awaiting Payment tab, then click into the expense claim.
- Enter the amount to pay.
- Select the date that you're making the payment - this may be the same as the Payment Due Date entered when the claim was authorized.
- Choose the account the payment will be made from.
- Enter a payment reference if required.
Paid claims show on the Archive tab. Partially paid claims remain on the Awaiting Payment tab.