Delete yourself or another user from your organization
Every Xero user can delete themselves from an organization. If you have Manage Users permission, you can delete other users from your organization.
Delete yourself from an organization
- From the header, click the list icon , then select My Xero.
Click your user role in the Access column for the organization you've selected.
- Click Remove my access to this organization.
- Click Remove my access.
Delete another user from an organization
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Click Users.
- Click the user's name.
- Click Delete User.
(Optional) If you don't want Xero to send an email to the user notifying them that they are being deleted, clear the checkbox. If the user set up 'Approve for Sending' repeating invoices, you can reset these to draft, or have the invoices assigned to you.
Click Delete to confirm.
Effects of deleting a user
Deleting user access may affect other Xero functions:
- If you delete the user who set up a Yodlee feed for your organization, you will deactivate the feed. You'll need to set up the feed again to keep getting your bank transactions imported automatically.
- If you delete a user with an expense claim that hasn't been submitted for approval, their claim will also be deleted.
The Xero subscriber can't be deleted, the subscription must be transferred first.
Cancel your Xero login
If you want to cancel your login, contact us using the Contact Xero Support button at the bottom of any Help page.
Canceling your login removes your access to Xero, including all organizations where you are a user. You won't be able to reactivate your account. You will still be able to view online invoices sent to you from other organizations in Xero.