Set a default foreign currency for a contact
If you have multi-currency, add a default foreign currency to a contact's details to apply to your transactions with them. You can also view any amounts owed in different currencies for each contact.
About your contacts and default foreign currencies
- The default foreign currency applies to all invoices, bills, quotes, and purchase orders for the contact.
- Default foreign currencies don't control any sales tax that might be applied in those currencies.
- You can override a default foreign currency on individual transactions.
- You can't import and export the default foreign currency for your contacts.
Set a default currency for a contact
- Go to Contacts, then click All Contacts.
- Click the name of the contact you want.
- Click Edit.
- Under Financial Details, in the Currency field:
- If the currency you want is listed, select it.
- If the currency isn't listed, click Add Currency, select the currency you want then click Add Currency.
- Click Save.