View and work with customer and supplier contacts
View the details you have for your contacts and create a transaction or statement from a contact's details page.
Open the contact details screen
- From the Contacts menu, click All Contacts.
Search for a contact by entering the name, email address or account number in the search box.
There are two ways to search:
Enter one character to view contact names starting with that character.
Enter two or more characters to view contacts with a name, email address, or account number containing your search term.
- Click on a contact name.
You can also get to the contact details screen by:
- Searching for a contact on any screen in Xero (except Fixed Assets and Xero payroll)
- Clicking on a contact on a spend money or receive money transaction, invoice or bill, credit note, quote, statement or purchase order.
About contact name and address details
- The primary person's name will appear as the Contact Person.
- If the contact was added because an invoice, bill or transaction was created in their name, only the name will show. Click Edit to add further information.
- If you have a contact called 'Unknown', it's likely to have been created by Xero because you used cash coding and left the payee field empty.
Create an invoice, quote, bill, credit note, purchase order or statement
Quickly create an invoice, quote, bill, credit note, purchase order or statement for a contact.
Create an invoice, quote, bill, credit note or purchase order
Click New and select an option.
Create a statement
Click Options, then select Send Statements to view a customer's statement. You can edit the statement settings, print it, and email it to the customer.