Add a trial organization for your client in Xero
Set up a trial Business Edition organization for your client so you can try out their real data in Xero. The data you enter in the trial organization remains when you or your client start paying for Xero.
Trial organizations are different from Xero's demo company. The demo company has fictitious data in it that you should use only for testing purposes.
Trial organization features
- Maximum trial period of 30 days. We'll let you know when your trial period is nearly up.
- All the features of Xero, but you're limited to 4 pay runs with an unlimited number of employees.
- You can have more than one trial organization at once.
Instructions: add a trial organization
- Log in to Xero.
From the header, click the list icon , then select My Xero.
Click + New organization.
Enter your organization's name and where your organization pays taxes. The country you choose here will determine:
- The default currency for all transactions you create in Xero.
- The currency Xero shows in reports.
- The type of sales tax reporting Xero uses.
The currency of your bill from Xero if you buy a subscription.
Click Start Trial.
When you or your client will need to start paying for the organization
Move the trial organization to a pricing plan if your client wants to:
- Continue with their organization in Xero when the trial period has expired
- Remove the limits on pay runs