Compatible check stationery for printing checks from Xero
Learn which check stationery is compatible for printing checks from Xero for purchases, refunds, employee paychecks or expense claims.
- Check stock must be formatted as either US Letter or for paychecks it should be Check-Voucher-Voucher format.
- Paychecks using MICR format are normally set to 'Blank' and use pre-printed stock.
- Check stock can be blank with ABA (Routing #) and Account Number in MICR format. You'll need to use magnetic toner when printing, as per bank requirements.
Check stock can be arranged as:
- 3 checks per page, with perforations at 3.5” and 7”
- Check on top, with perforations at 3.5” and 7”
- Check in middle, with perforations at 3.5” and 7”
- Check on bottom, with perforations at 4” and 7.5”
Paychecks in Check-Voucher-Voucher format must be:
- 8.5” and 11”
- Top Check format
- Bottom 2/3 blank. This is used by Xero to print the employee paystub.
- Paycheck styles created prior to June 2017 may require manual print alignment.
- Most QuickBooks compatible check stock can be used.
Single or double window US letter envelopes can be used. These fit 4 lines of address details.
You should be able to print checks on most QuickBooks compatible check stock, which is available from several suppliers, including: