Pay a spend money by check
Create a check payment for a spend money transaction, then print the check or save it for printing later.
Find the spend money transaction and create the check payment
- In the Accounts menu, select Bank Accounts.
- Click the bank account's name that you want to pay the check from.
- Open your spend money transaction.
- From Options, select Pay by Check.
- Enter the Pay by Check details:
- Check #
You can change the number to the next available number, or a check number you deleted.
You cannot reuse a check number on an uncleared, reconciled, or voided check from the same bank account. Check numbers are unique across bank accounts.
- Pay to
You can change the payee. Both names appear on the check - the original payee displays as a reference so you know who the payment is to.
Add, edit, or delete a memo to display on the check.
If you add or change the address of your payee, this will also update the contact's postal address.
- Check Style
You can change the style applied to the check.
- Print the check or save it for later:
- Save & Print PDF
Before you print the check, you'll need to:
Save the check payment in the following situations:
- If you want to print the check from Xero later.
- If you want to use your own check book or other check printing software.