Pay an expense claim by check
Create a check payment to pay an expense claim, then print the check or save it for printing later.
Find the expense claim and create the check payment
- In the Accounts menu, select Expense Claims.
- Click the Awaiting Payment tab.
Open the expense claim you want to pay by check.
- Enter the expense claim payment details.
Select the Pay by check checkbox.
- Click Paid.
- Enter the Pay by Check details
- Print the check or save it for later
Pay by Check fields explained
This section provides guidance and tips on the Pay by Check fields.
- Check #
You can change the number to the next available number, or a check number you deleted.
You cannot reuse a check number on an uncleared, reconciled, or voided check from the same bank account. Check numbers are unique across bank accounts.
- Pay to
You can change the payee. Both names appear on the check - the original payee displays as a reference so you know who the payment is to.
Add, edit, or delete a memo to display on the check.
If you add or change the address of your payee, this will also update the contact's postal address.
- Check Style
You can change the style applied to the check.
Print and Save fields explained
This section provides guidance and tips on the Print and Save fields.
- Save & Print PDF
Before you print the check, you'll need to:
Save the check payment in the following situations:
- If you want to print the check from Xero later.
- If you want to use your own check book or other check printing software.