Release notes: updates to Xero on November 24, 2014
Here's a summary of what we've released:
- New Movements in Equity report
- Add blocks of text to new reports
- Create cash receipts
- Refund sales credit notes and pay expense claims by check (US)
- Give Xero access to your organization when you ask for help in Xero
- View remittance advice PDFs for single payments and batch payments
- Deleted and voided items are removed from All and Summary tabs, new checkbox in Search
- Support discontinuing for Internet Explorer 9 and older Safari versions
Like the new Balance Sheet and Profit and Loss, the new Movements in Equity report allows you to customize your report with editable account groups and formulas.
On any of Xero’s new reports, you can now add text to the top or bottom of the report.
Following on from receipts on invoice payments, you can now send and print receipts for customers who have paid you without an invoice.
You can already pay expense claims and sales credit note refunds from the payment options dropdown. We have now added 'Pay by check' to the payment ribbon as another route for convenience and consistency.
You now have the option to invite Xero into your organization or practice when you ask for help from within Xero. This allows us to help you more quickly.
If you’re sending payments to suppliers by post, or just want to print a copy for your own records, you can now print remittance advices directly from Xero. No longer will you need to email them to yourself.
Rather than always having your old deleted and voided invoices and bills staring you in the face, they’ll now be hidden from the All tab, keeping things much cleaner. However, you can still find them via a new option on search.
Just a reminder that from early 2015 we will no longer support the Internet Explorer 9 browser or Safari browser versions 6.1 and below. You must upgrade your browser or move to Google Chrome to ensure Xero continues to work for you.