Release notes: updates to Xero on May 19, 2014
Here's a summary of what we've released:
- New and improved payables and receivables reports
- Bulk status change on repeating invoices
- Option for Advisor to set period lock date from the conversion balances screen
- Invoice import - ability to import non-base currency invoices
- Set Xero's new default payment term for all your contacts
- Auto-create new line on manual journals
We've improved the look and feel of the aged reports. You can now include all sorts of fields in your reports and cater them to suit your organization. For more information on how to run the reports and how to customize them, see our Help pages:
- Aged Payables Summary
- Aged Payables Detail report
- Aged Receivables Summary
- Aged Receivables Detail report
- Expense Claims Detail report
If you love repeating invoices then we've made it easier to deal with more than one of them at once. You can now bulk save as draft, approve and 'approve for sending'.
We've made a few improvements to make it clearer as to when conversion balances can or can't be updated. Advisor users can now lock balances directly from the conversion balances screen. If conversion balances are locked you will see a lock icon on the General Settings screen and the balances themselves won't be able to be updated.
If you're using our Premium edition you can now freely import invoices in a foreign currency.
Recently we added a new default payment term based on the number of days following the end of the invoice or bill month. You now have the option to set this as a preference for all contacts.
How to set up default due dates for bills or sales invoices
Whenever you select a field in the last line of a manual journal, a new line will automatically appear! If you don't need to use it, that's OK, we'll remove it when posted.