Create a batch deposit
Create a batch deposit in Xero for a batch of checks you are going to deposit in your bank account. Alternatively, create a batch deposit in Xero for a customer who has made a single payment for multiple invoices.
Include payments for sales invoices in your batch deposit. If you receive part-payments for your invoices, you can include these in your batch deposit.
About batch deposits
- When you create a batch deposit, Xero creates a single batch deposit transaction. When your batch deposit appears in your bank account you only need to reconcile this one transaction.
- You can include a maximum of 50 invoices in a batch deposit.
- When you create a batch deposit, Xero automatically records a payment against each invoice in your batch deposit. This means your accounting records correctly show your customers have paid you.
- If you receive an overpayment from a customer, deposit it at your bank separately — you cannot include overpayments in your batch deposit.
How to create a batch deposit
- In the Accounts menu, select Sales.
- Click the Awaiting Payment panel.
- Select the invoice checkboxes to include them in the batch deposit.
Enter information into the batch deposit fields.
- Adjust the amounts in the Payment column if you have received part-payments for your invoices.
- Click Deposit.
Batch deposit fields explained
This section provides guidance and tips on the batch deposit fields.
Enter the date your customers paid you or the date you are going to deposit your batch of checks.
|Reference||Choose a reference to suit your organization.|
From the drop-down menu, select the account you're going to deposit your checks into. This can be a bank account or any account on your chart of accounts with payments enabled. You can't make a batch deposit into a credit card account.
If you're creating a batch deposit for a customer who has made a single payment for multiple invoices, select the bank account your customer deposited the payment into.
This field is optional.
Choose a reference to suit your organization. You might want to include your customer's check number.