Add a spend money transaction
Add a spend money transaction to a bank account in Xero to record a payment that doesn't relate to a bill, expense claim, or refund. You might do this to record the transaction now, rather than adding the spend money when you're reconciling your bank account.
Enter your transaction
- From the Dashboard, click the plus icon and select Spend Money.
- Select the bank account you've spent money from, then click Next.
- Enter your contact's name. You can select an existing contact or add a new contact.
- Select the date you spent the money.
- Enter details of your transaction into the spend money transaction fields.
- (Optional) Click Assign expenses to a customer if you've spent money that you want to recover later as a billable expense.
- Click Save.
Spend money transaction fields
Descriptions of some of the spend money fields to help you enter your transaction.
|Item (Optional)||An inventory item. Select an existing item or add a new item.|
|Amounts are||How to account for sales tax. Selecting Tax Inclusive includes tax in the total. Selecting Tax Exclusive adds tax to the total.|
|Qty||The quantity of the item you've bought.|
|Unit Price||The price of the item.|
|Account||An account (from your chart of accounts) to code the transaction to. Select an existing account or add a new account.|
|Tax Rate||Tax on the transaction (required only if you've selected Amounts are Tax Exclusive or Tax Inclusive).|