Bank account transactions
Bank account transactions are transactions entered into your bank account in Xero to match imported bank statement lines.
Bank account transactions are created whenever you enter any of the following:
- Spend money transactions
- Receive money transactions
- Payments on invoices, bills or expense claims
- Overpayments or prepayments
- Transfers between bank accounts
- Refunds of credit notes, overpayments or prepayments.
You can enter these types of transactions in Xero as they happen, or later during bank reconciliation.