Sign up with Xero and add your first organisation
If you've never used Xero before, start by creating and activating your account. Next, add a free trial organisation to use for 30 days, or choose a pricing plan if you're ready to join Xero.
Sign up with Xero and activate your account
- Go to the Xero sign up page (xero.com website).
- Open the activation email from Xero. Check your spam folder if you don't receive the email within a few minutes.
- Click the activation link in the email, create a password, then click Activate your account.
Add your first organisation to Xero
Once you've activated your Xero account, you're ready to set up your first organisation in Xero.
Enter your organisation's name and where your organisation pays taxes. The country you choose here will determine:
- The default currency for all transactions you create in Xero.
- The currency Xero shows in reports.
- The type of sales tax reporting Xero uses.
The currency of your bill from Xero if you buy a subscription.
When creating your first organisation, Xero will pre authorise your credit or debit card for the maximum it could be invoiced that day.
This hold is immediately reversed however it may take your card provider 5-10 business days to remove this hold.
You can confirm the hold is related to the pre authorisation as the description on your bank statement will read Xero pre-authorisation.