Sign up with Xero and add your first organisation
If you've never used Xero before, start by creating and activating your account. Next, add a free trial organisation to use for 30 days, or choose a pricing plan if you're ready to join Xero.
- Go to the Xero sign up page (xero.com website).
- Open the activation email from Xero. Check your spam folder if you don't receive the email within a few minutes.
- Click the activation link in the email, create a password, then click Activate your account.
Once you've activated your Xero account, you're ready to set up your first organisation in Xero.
If you're converting from Sage or QuickBooks right now, you'll need to choose a pricing plan, not start a trial.
Enter your organisation's name and where your organisation pays taxes. The country you choose here will determine:
- The default currency for all transactions you create in Xero.
- The currency Xero shows in reports.
- The type of sales tax reporting Xero uses.
The currency of your bill from Xero if you buy a subscription.