Approve or decline expenses in Android
If you have approver status in Xero Expenses, you can approve or decline employee expenses using your Android device.
Before you start
- By enabling Xero Expenses, you are allowing a trusted third-party to access your receipt data.
- Ensure your device and operating system are compatible.
- Download Xero Expenses for Android for free from Google Play (Google Play website).
- Find out more about logging in with two-step authentication.
Approve or decline an employee expense
- From the Dashboard, scroll down to review a summary of your Team Expenses by employee.
- Tap an expense to open and review it.
- If you're editing, tap Edit:
- Edit the What was it for, Spent at, Spent today or Account fields as needed.
To replace a receipt, tap Receipt to open the existing attachment. Tap and select either Replace or Delete.Sometimes it can take a few minutes to upload and process receipt details after you have captured the image. If you're in a rush, tap Fill it out myself to enter the details.
- Tap Tax rate to edit the Total incl. tax. Either accept the standard rate such as 15% GST on Expenses, or adjust to exclude tax.
- Tap the menu icon and select either Approve or Decline.
- If you've approved the expense, you will be able to process the payment under the Accounts tab in Xero.
- If you have declined the expense, complete the Add a note field and tap Decline.