User roles in Xero HQ
Find out about the user roles available for staff in Xero HQ.
An Administrator can:
- Set up and manage your clients
- Set up and manage practice staff
- Edit their own permissions
- Act as an Adviser in all clients' Xero organisations
- (Optional) Edit report templates for practice
A Standard user can only see the clients they have access to. Depending on their client-level permissions, they can either edit or only view their clients' details. You can also give Standard users permission to edit report templates at the practice level.
If you add someone in Xero Partner Edition with Consultant permissions, they appear in Xero HQ with the Standard (Consultant) role. They have the same permissions as a Standard user.
The Master administrator has the same permissions as an Administrator, but only the Master administrator can:
- Access your practice organisation by default
- Transfer the subscriber for an organisation in your practice
- Edit report templates by default