Set up and manage your clients in Xero HQ
Create a client, either manually or by importing from Xero Practice Manager. You can then connect your client to Xero and manage their subscription. You can also update your client's details, or archive a client that's no longer active.
Create a client
To create a new client:
- Go to Clients and click New Client.
- Select the Business Structure for the client and then enter:
- Name for a Company, Partnership, or Trust client
- First name and Last name for a Sole Trader or Individual client
Archive a client
You can archive any client that isn't connected to Xero.
- Go to Clients and select the client you want to archive.
- Click the menu icon and select Archive.
Restore a client
You can restore an archived client at any time.
- Go to Clients and select the Archived group.
- Find the client you want to restore and click Restore.
Connect a client to Xero
- Go to Clients and select the client you want to connect to Xero.
- Click the menu icon and select Connect to Xero.
- Set up a Xero organisation for your client.
Manage a client's Xero subscription
- Go to Clients and select the client you want to manage the subscription for.
- Click the menu icon and select Manage subscription.
- Manage the subscription for the client.