Create a VAT Return for a custom period
Create a VAT Return for a period different from your usual VAT Return period.
- Create a VAT Return for your current VAT period setting.
- In a new tab in your browser, go to your Financial Settings and change the VAT Period to a different setting. For example, if you normally file your VAT quarterly, change the period to monthly.
- In your first tab, on the draft VAT Return, click Update. You'll now see From and To date fields on the return.
- Change the report dates, then click Update.
- Publish the return. Publishing the return may change your VAT filing dates in Xero.
- Save the return as draft.
- (Optional) Export the VAT Return in the format of your choice.
- Go to your Financial Settings and change the VAT period back to your normal frequency.
- File your return with HMRC outside Xero.