Check the status of VAT Returns filed with HMRC from Xero
After you file your VAT Return with HMRC from Xero, check its processing status from within Xero. Xero displays filed returns on the Filed with HMRC tab in the Report Centre. Xero also displays the return on the Published tab.
- In the Reports menu, select All Reports.
- Click the Filed with HMRC tab.
- Under Status, you'll see one of the following:
- Pending - Xero has sent the return to HMRC but they haven't processed it yet. Your VAT Return can show as Pending for up to 48 hours.
- Filed - Your VAT Return was successfully filed.
- Failed - return already filed - Someone has already submitted the return for the period.
Failed - Click your VAT Return to read the error message, or read the notification in your Xero inbox.The person who filed the return receives an email to their Xero login email address if the return fails.