Income by Contact Report
The Income by Contact report shows the people and businesses that you have recorded income transactions for or received other funds from in a chosen period. The report shows receive money transactions and approved sales invoices. The Income by Contact report is the older version of the Contact Transactions – Receivables and Contact Transactions – Cash reports.
Run the Income by Contact report
- In the Reports menu, select All Reports.
- Under Sales, click ... to expand the section if the report is hidden.
- Click Income by Contact.
- Select a Date, a Period, and another period to Compare With.
- Click Update to view your report.
Income by Contact report options
The month you want to run the report for.
The length of the time blocks to display in the report. Choose from 1, 2, 3, 6 or 12 months. For example, if you select a period of three months to compare with the two previous periods, the report will show six months of data in two three-month groupings.
Choose how you want the periods compared based on the time block chosen. You can choose up to 11 periods back from the date of the report. For example:
- If you choose the period as 'month' and the comparison as 'Previous 6 periods' the report will display the previous 6 months.
- If you choose the period as '3 months' and the comparison as 'Previous 6 periods' the report will display 6 blocks of 3-months before the date chosen to run the report for.
View the Income by Contact report
The Income by Contact report is generated for the current month showing a monthly breakdown compared to the last three months by default.
How transactions display
- All contacts for which you've created receive money transactions or approved sales invoices during the time period are displayed alphabetically.
- The income for the contact in each month is shown and a total for the periods displayed is shown.
- Income from approved sales invoices is shown in the month the invoice is dated. For example, if an invoice is dated 15 May but not approved until 2 June, it will appear in the column for May.
- Approved invoices display whether they are paid or unpaid.
- Transactions are displayed net of tax.
View individual transactions
Click the contact name to view all income transactions to date for this business or person.
Click an amount to view the individual transactions that make up this amount.
The transactions displayed will be those that occur in the month chosen, net of tax.
Transactions for contacts are displayed using a Contact Transactions report which you can drill further into to view the source invoice or bank transaction.