EC Sales Audit report
The EC Sales Audit report displays in conjunction with the EC Sales List report. The EC Sales Audit report shows the individual transactions that make up the total goods and services sales for each customer on the EC Sales List report.
You can change the report date range, adjust for manual journals, edit transactions if needed, then export the report.
Open the report and edit the dates
- Open the EC Sales Audit report:
- Click Reports, then select All Reports.
- Under Tax, click EC Sales List.
Click the EC Sales Audit Report tab.
Xero displays the report for the current period using your VAT period information from Financial Settings (found in your Financial Settings).
- Select or enter your dates in the Date Range fields.
- Click Update.
Adjust for manual journals
If your adviser has posted a manual journal affecting zero-rated EC Sales VAT, it's listed in the audit report's Manual Journals section. You'll need to edit the export submission file and add the customer's country and VAT number before submitting the file to HMRC. You might want to talk to your adviser before making an adjustment.
View and edit transactions on the report
To view and edit a transaction on the the EC Sales Audit report:
- Click anywhere on a line in the report to view the transaction details.
- If the invoice or credit note is draft, awaiting approval or awaiting payment, click Invoice Options or Credit Note Options, select Edit, then edit the Tax Rate field.
- If the invoice or credit note is paid, delete the payment transaction, edit the Tax Rate field, then apply the payment again.
- Rerun the EC Sales List report and check the EC Sales Audit Report tab that the transaction is correct.
Export the report
At any time and depending on your user role, you can export the report to Microsoft Excel, PDF or Google Sheets.
Both EC Sales reports (the EC Sales List and EC Sales Audit) are saved as separate tabs in the exported file.