Aged Receivables report (older version)
Access the Aged Receivables, the old version of the Aged Receivables Details report. You'll need to use this older version of the report if you'd like to see foreign currency conversion details.
The Aged Receivables report shows the sales invoices that were awaiting payment during a selected month and several months prior.
To access the Aged Receivables report:
- On the Reports menu, click All Reports.
- Under Sales, click Aged Receivables.
The current month will show by default.
Select a month. The report will show unpaid invoices due or issued as at that month and before it. The 'Ageing by' option determines whether you see invoices due that month or issued that month.
Choose either Month name or Month number to display the columns as months or number of months ago.
- Date to show invoices and credit notes in the month you raised them
- Due date to show unpaid invoices in the month they were due (note this won't include credit notes as they don't have due dates).
Check this option to get details of receivable invoices for each contact on the report.
Click Update to show the new report each time you change filters.
If you are viewing a report produced by someone with the Adviser user role, you may see notes or a summary on the report. You may be able to
export, archive or edit the report, depending on your user role.
Reports and budget role comparison
Click the Show Aged Receivables Char button to show amounts owing each month, chunked by contact. Hold your mouse over each coloured block in the stack to see how much that person or company owes you.
The chart shows amounts as net and in the month the invoice was raised or due (depending on the 'Ageing by' option chosen). If a customer is in credit for a month, the bar will display below the graph.
To hide the chart, click the X button above the chart to hide it.
When you export the report as a PDF, the chart will only display if it's showing on your screen in Xero.
- The list of 'Receivables' are all the contacts whose invoices were unpaid in the month they were raised or due (depending on the ‘Ageing by’ option chosen).
- Credit notes entered for customers and entered but not yet allocated to invoices are also shown.
- The Total (%) figure shows the portion of the total amount outstanding for each month.
- If you have chosen to show invoices, each outstanding invoice for that Contact will be listed under each Contact name.
If you are using multi-currency, the report footnotes show the figures that were converted into your base currency and at what rate the conversion rate occurred. They also show where the rate was taken from (whether it was an XE rate or a rate entered by a user). Find out more on how multi-currency reports in Xero work.
If you have not checked the 'Show invoices' box, you can drill into the report for more detail.
Click the monthly receivable amount due to view all the invoices and credit notes.
Click a contact name to view a report showing the invoices and credit notes you have issued them, with the total amount they currently owe.
If you checked the 'Show invoices' box, each relevant invoice will be shown under each contact's name.
Click the invoice details to view the original invoice.
To export the report:
Click Export, then select your preferred export option:
- PDF (printable format)
- Google Sheets
- Open, save or print the file as you need.