Account Group Summary Report
The Account Group Summary report is generated as a result of drilling down from a report that has been customised to group accounts and show a summary entry only on the report. The Account Group Summary report shows the individual accounts and amounts that make up a group used on a customised report. You cannot generate this report directly from Report Centre.
If you have not customised any reports nor used summarised groups on a customised report, you will never see this Account Group Summary report.
Generate the Account Group Summary report
The Account Group Summary report is generated for a month, period or financial year depending on the summary figure you're drilling down from on the originating report.
If you are viewing a report produced by someone with the Adviser user role, you may see notes or a summary on the report. You may be able to export, archive or edit the report, depending on your user role.
Choose options by which to re-run the report:
Choose a different period to run the report for - by default the date will be for the month or period that you've drilled down from on the customised report.
Whenever the date range is updated, click Update to re-generate the report for the new dates.
Sorting & filtering
Click the 'More options' link to unravel more options to allow you to sort or filter the report.
Click the 'Fewer Options' link if you want to close these options.
Choose the order the accounts will be listed in:
- Alphabetically in order of account name (default).
- Numerically in order of account code.
If you have set up tracking categories additional fields will display that match the categories set up so that you can filter the report by one or all of the options for each category.
- Either one or both of the tracking categories you have set up will display.
- By default, the report will not be filtered so all the transactions coded to each account listed for the dates of the report will be included.
- For each tracking category displayed, you can choose to view the report with no filter (i.e. all the transactions in each account), one option or all options.
Whenever sorting or filter options are chosen or updated, click Update to re-generate the report.
Your report might look different each time depending on whether you have filtered the report, sorted it differently or changed the periods or dates.
If you are using multi-currency, the report footnotes show the figures that were converted into your base currency for the purpose of reporting in one currency and at what rate the conversion rate occurred. They also show where the rate was taken from (i.e. whether it was an XE rate or a rate entered by a user).
All transactions and accounts that make up the group summary total that you came from will be listed.
Account codes only display if you have chosen to sort the report by account code.
- If you choose to filter the report by one option, the report will only show transactions tracked to this option for the period of the report.
- If you choose to filter the report by all options in the tracking category the report will display one column per option.
- If there are no transactions for the period or date range for the tracking option you have chosen, the option will not display on the report.
What you can select on the Account Group Summary report
- Click on the account name to view the Account Summary Report showing all transactions in that account regardless of the report date.
- Click on an amount to view the transactions that make up that amount. Transactions are displayed using the Account Transactions Report.
Back to [name of report]
Print the report directly from your browser.
Choose where you want to export the report to. You can either view it or save it once it's exported into the chosen format.
Open the report directly into Excel or save it to your computer and open it from there. The chart will not be exported and displayed in Excel.
Open the report directly as a PDF or save it to your computer and open it from there. The chart will be exported and displayed on the PDF only if it is displayed on screen using the Show Chart button. Zero figures will show on the PDF as '-' and do not show decimal places so numbers are rounded for display purposes only. In many cases PDF amounts may not add up correctly due to rounding, but in Xero and other exported formats the calculations are correct.
If you use Gmail, you can set up your account to access Google Sheets (Google's document viewer). You can then export the report to Google Sheets and edit, save or share it. You’re prompted to log into Gmail (if you're not already) and you’re prompted to confirm that Xero is a 'trusted' site each time you start a Google Sheets session.
When you authenticate your connection to Google Drive and export to Google Sheets, a connection is made to your Xero account. You can break the connection at any time.
Disconnect Xero from Google Sheets