Get started with recoding
Learn how to get started with Find & Recode. Only users who have the Adviser role can recode.
What can you recode?
- Recode contacts, accounts, tax rates, and tracking on transaction lines.
- You can recode transaction lines across multiple transactions at once.
- You can recode transaction lines on the source transaction or by using a manual journal.
Common recoding scenarios include, but aren't limited to:
- Changing the tax rate
- Cleaning up contacts when there are variations of a contact name
- Combining accounts
- Adding or changing tracking
Supported and excluded transactions
You can search for and recode the following transactions:
- Spend money (reconciled, unreconciled, and marked as reconciled)
- Receive money (reconciled, unreconciled, and marked as reconciled)
- Prepayments (unpaid, paid, reconciled, and unreconciled)
- Expense claims (awaiting payment, paid, and archived)
- Sales invoices, repeating invoices, and credit notes (all statuses)
- Bills, repeating bills, bill credit notes (all statuses)
You can’t search for or recode the following transactions:
- Fixed assets
- Manual journals
- Purchase orders
- Bank transfers
- Payroll transactions (including wages, payable bills, payslips, and PDs)
- Voided transactions
- Any line from a bill, payable credit note or spend money that uses a tracked inventory account