Change the date format on your invoices and other documents
Edit a custom (DOCX) branding theme to change the date format on your invoices, credit notes, quotes, statements or purchase orders.
- Click Settings, then select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Invoice Settings.
- Find the theme you want to change and click Download.
- Use Microsoft Word (or equivalent) to open the template you want to change from the ZIP file.
Right-click «InvoiceDate», then select Toggle Field Codes.
Change dd MMM yyyy to any combination of date, month and year using d, dd, ddd, dddd, M, MM, MMM, MMMM, yy, yyyy.For example, to change the date to Saturday 1 January 2011, you'd use dddd d MMMM yyyy.
- Save the file to your computer.
- In Xero on the Invoice Settings screen, click Upload to upload your edited file and update the custom template.