Practice Administrator and Principal permissions
Users with Practice Administrator or Principal permissions can perform a range of administrative tasks in your practice, including managing staff access and billing accounts.
If you're a Practice Administrator, you can manage:
- Staff access
- Practice profile settings (for the Advisor Directory)
- Billing accounts for any organisations belonging to the practice
- Report publishing styles
- Client groups
- Report templates
Give someone in your practice Practice Administrator permissions
To change staff permissions, you need to be either the Principal or a Practice Administrator.
To give an existing staff member Practice Administrator permissions, you need to change their permission level from Staff to Practice Administrator.
To set up a new staff member as a Practice Administrator, you need to invite them into your practice with Practice Administrator permissions.
The Principal has the same permissions as a Practice Administrator, but only the Principal:
- Has access to your practice organisation by default
- Can edit their own permissions
- Can transfer the subscriber for an organisation in your practice
- Can view themselves in the list of Staff in the Xero Practice, and can view or edit their own permissions.