Sign up and connect your organisation to Power BI
If you have the Adviser user role or Standard user role, sign up for a Power BI account, then connect your Xero organisation.
Sign up to Power BI
Sign up to Power BI using your business email address. You can't use a personal email address, such as Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook.
Connect an organisation
- Sign in to Power BI
- In the Contact Pack Library under Services, click Get.
- Find Xero, then click Connect.
- Enter the name of the Xero organisation you're connecting, then click Next.
- In the Authentication method list select oAuth2, then click Sign in.
- Log in to Xero if you haven't already.
- Choose the organisation to connect, then click Allow access.
After a few minutes, Power BI imports your Xero data and you can view the default dashboard tiles.
After you've finished
Rename your Power BI dashboard, reports and datasets to something other than Xero if you're connecting more than one Xero organisation.
Rename a Power BI dashboard (Power BI)
To connect another Xero organisation, go to the Power BI dashboard, and click Get Data.