Become Xero payroll certified
If you're a Xero partner, you can become Xero payroll certified by completing the Xero Payroll Certification program in Xero U.
How it works
To become Xero payroll certified for the first time, you need to complete the Xero Payroll Certification program in Xero U. You’ll need to earn 40 payroll credits by completing the full course.
You have 12 months from when you first register to complete the program, after which you'll be certified for a year. During the next 12 months, you’ll need to keep your certification up-to-date by earning ongoing certification credits.
Register and complete the program
You have several learning options to choose from to become Xero payroll certified, including self-paced learning courses, classroom courses, and webinars.
Self-paced courses can be completed online in Xero U.
- Go to Xero U (Xero U website).
- On the home page, click Get certified to see the options for Xero certification.
- (Optional) Click the plus icon next to Further refine your search, and then select the Payroll option under Certification credits. Make sure this is the only option selected in this column.
Select the Xero Payroll Certification self-paced learning option.
- In the course page, click Check it out.
- If you haven't already, log in to your Xero account.
On the Training Details page click Request to finish enrolling in the program.You only need to enrol in the Xero payroll certification program once.
- Once you are registered, click Manage, and then begin working through the course.
You can also find information on classroom courses and webinars by clicking on the related option on the Xero U home page.