Troubleshoot opening balances for year-end
If you didn't add your organisation or employee opening balances when you switched to Xero and have run a pay run, you'll need to enter them before year-end.
Are my opening balances up-to-date in Xero?
If you switched to Xero during a financial year, you may have opening balances you didn't add into Xero. Review your opening balances in Xero to make sure they are up-to-date before year-end.
Check organisation opening balances
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Payroll Settings.
- Click the Opening Balances tab.
Check employee opening balances
- In the Payroll menu, select Employee.
- Select your first active employee and check the Opening Balance tab.
- Repeat for each active employee.
How can I update my opening balances before year-end?
If you discover that an employee has an incorrect opening balance, or that they don’t have an opening balance, while you are preparing payroll for year-end, contact Xero support.
Need more help?
If you need more help, check out Xero U or contact customer support.