Submit and approve a time off request for an employee
Create and approve a time off request on behalf of an employee before processing a pay run.
- Set up time off accruals and balances for new employees.
How it works
- Your employee's time off balance only includes completed requests.
- Time off balances in your employee's Time Off tab reduce each time you approve a time off request.
- The balances your employees see in their payslips are for completed time off requests included in a pay run.
Submit a time off request
Do you need to process statutory leave, such as maternity leave, for an employee? Add statutory leave and pay.
- In the Payroll menu, select Time Off.
- Click New, then select Time off.
- Select the employee, then select the time off type (eg Holiday).
- Enter details for the time off request.
- Click Approve.
If you're not sure about the end date for your employee's leave, enter a date that falls far in the future. Once you know the end date, return to the time off request and update this field.