Set up payroll to report to HMRC
Add your employer PAYE, RTI and other filing details so we report your payroll taxes to HMRC throughout the year.
Set up your payroll taxes for filing to the HMRC
- In the Settings menu, select General Settings.
- Under Features, click Payroll Settings.
- Click the HMRC tab.
- Enter all Employer PAYE Reference information.
- The Reference Number is in your P6 or P9 coding notice or an Annual/Budget pack letter.
- The Accounts Office Reference is on your P30BC booklet (payslip booklet) or P30B letter (paying PAYE electronically).
- (Optional) COTAX reference.
- (Optional) Self Assessment Unique Tax Reference (SA UTR).
- (Optional) Employer Contracted-Out Number (ECON).
- Under Are you eligible for Small Employers Relief? select the Yes checkbox if your business qualifies.
- Under Will you be claiming the Employment Allowance? select the Yes checkbox if your business qualifies.
Under RTI Submission, enter your User ID and Password.These are the same details you use to log in to the Government Gateway (gov.uk website).
- Under Are you submitting to RTI as an agent?, click Yes if you registered as an agent with Government Gateway, and enter all details.
- Click Save.
Post a pay run to submit your filings to HMRC
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Select a pay period from the menu.
- Click Process Pay Run.
- Click Post.