Account for an advance to an employee
Set up a deduction pay item to account for a one-off advance paid to an employee. Add the deduction to the employee’s payslip in a future pay run.
Create a deduction pay item for the advance
- In the Settings menu, select Payroll Settings.
- Click the Pay Items tab.
- Click Deductions.
- Click Add, and select Other.
- Enter the pay item's name.
- Click Fixed Amount.
- Enter the Standard Amount, and select an account.
- If this is a net pay deduction, don't select the checkboxes for:
- Deduct before PAYE tax
- Deduct before National Insurance contributions
- Reduces Pensionable Earnings
- Click Add.