Adjust a filed CIS deduction

Edit a filed CIS deduction by submitting an Employer Payment Summary (EPS) with the adjusted amount.

  1. Go to the Payroll, then click RTI Filings.

  2. If you already have an EPS scheduled, click the EPS to open it. Otherwise, click Schedule EPS.

  3. Enter the adjustment amount under Report CIS Deductions as a negative amount if you filed an overpayment, or as a positive amount if you filed an underpayment.

    For example, if the original amount you filed was 100 and should be 80, enter '-20' to correct the filing.

  4. Click Schedule EPS.

The Real Time Information (RTI) service automatically submits your EPS filings to HMRC at month end.