Change the dates of a pay run
Create a new pay calendar to change the start and end dates of a pay run.
How it works
Xero uses pay calendars to set the start and end dates of a pay run. If you're a Payroll Admin, you can change these dates by adding a new calendar and assigning it to your employees.
Change the start and end dates of a pay run
- Add a new pay calendar and select the start date you want to apply to the pay run. The length of the pay period (eg weekly or monthly) determines the pay run's end date.
- Assign the new pay calendar to your employees:
- In the Payroll menu, select Employees.
- Click an employee's name to open their details.
- Click the Employment tab.
- Switch the Payroll Calendar field to the new calendar.
- Click Save.
- Process a pay run with the same pay period as the new calendar (eg weekly or monthly). The start date on the pay run will match the start date in the pay calendar.