Revert a pay run to draft
Revert the last posted pay run to draft so you can make changes before you pay your employees.
How it works
- You can only revert the most recent pay run for the pay period.
- After you revert a pay run, the transaction in Xero will be unposted (including tax amounts).
- If any employees became eligible for auto enrolment in your workplace pension when you posted this pay run, we will undo this status when you revert the pay run. They will be assessed again in the next pay run.
- If you've already paid your employees or you're trying to correct older pay runs, you'll need to adjust a processed pay run to make those adjustments.
Revert a posted pay run to draft
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
Click the pay run you want to revert.Make sure any other draft pay runs for that period are removed.
- Click Revert Pay Run.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Make changes to the draft pay run by adjusting your employees' pay, and then process the pay run as usual. After you process the pay run, an adjusted FPS is resent to HMRC.