Adjust a processed pay run
Adjust a pay run that's already been processed to correct your payroll payments.
About adjusting a processed pay run
Use an unscheduled pay run to make corrections to a processed pay run . For example, adjust a pay run for missed pay items, or reverse and re-enter an incorrect wage item. You can also use an unscheduled pay run to process a negative pay run (that includes the negative wages, taxes, and net pay) to reverse incorrect wages and taxes.
- Unscheduled pay runs are used for adjusting existing pay runs. They shouldn't be used for processing your normal pay runs.
- You can go back eight pay periods from the current date (today's date) when adjusting a processed pay run.
Adjust a processed pay run for a pay period
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Remove any draft pay runs for the period you want to adjust. This is because you can only have one pay run for each pay period.
- Under New Pay Run, select Unscheduled Pay Run.
- Click Process Pay Run.
- Select a pay calendar and a pay period.
- Click Create.
- Select the employees' checkboxes to include them in the pay run.
- Click an employee's name to adjust their payslip.
- Click Save & Close.
- If you're adjusting a pay run for multiple employees, make the changes you need before posting the pay run.
- Click Post.
- You'll see a Confirm Pay Run message. If you're:
- Correcting an unpaid pay run, click Post to confirm.
- Correcting a paid pay run with a payment date that's passed, select H: Correction to Earlier Submission for the Late Payroll Information Report, and then click Complete Pay Run to confirm.