Adjust a processed pay run

Adjust a pay run that's already been processed to correct your payroll payments.

About adjusting a processed pay run

Use an unscheduled pay run to make corrections to a processed pay run . For example, adjust a pay run for missed pay items, or reverse and re-enter an incorrect wage item. You can also use an unscheduled pay run to process a negative pay run (that includes the negative wages, taxes, and net pay) to reverse incorrect wages and taxes.

  • Unscheduled pay runs are used for adjusting existing pay runs. They shouldn't be used for processing your normal pay runs.
  • You can go back eight pay periods from the current date (today's date) when adjusting a processed pay run.
You can't go back to a previous year if adjusting quarterly pay runs.

Adjust a processed pay run for a pay period

  1. In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
  2. Remove any draft pay runs for the period you want to adjust. This is because you can only have one pay run for each pay period.
  3. Under New Pay Run, select Unscheduled Pay Run.
  4. Click Process Pay Run.
  5. Select a pay calendar and a pay period.
  6. Click Create.
  7. Select the employees' checkboxes to include them in the pay run.
  8. Click an employee's name to adjust their payslip.
  9. Click Save & Close.
  10. If you're adjusting a pay run for multiple employees, make the changes you need before posting the pay run.
  11. Click Post.
  12. You'll see a Confirm Pay Run message. If you're:
    • Correcting an unpaid pay run, click Post to confirm.
    • Correcting a paid pay run with a payment date that's passed, select H: Correction to Earlier Submission for the Late Payroll Information Report, and then click Complete Pay Run to confirm.

You might also be interested in