Adjust previous payroll payments
If you have Payroll Admin access, make an unscheduled pay run to correct your payroll payments. For example, you can enter missed pay items or correct a wages payment. You can go back eight pay periods from the current date (today's date). You can't go back to a previous year if adjusting quarterly pay runs.
How it works
Use an unscheduled pay run to:
- Process one-off out of cycle pay runs.
- Adjust an existing pay run (but not for your normal pay runs).
- Process a negative pay run (that includes the negative wages, taxes, and net pay) to reverse incorrect wages and taxes.
Create an unscheduled pay run to adjust a processed pay run
- In the Payroll menu, select Pay Runs.
- Remove any existing draft pay runs in the period you want to use (you can only have one pay run for each pay period).
- Under New Pay Run, select Unscheduled Pay Run.
- Click Process Pay Run.
Select a pay calendar and a pay period.If you're correcting a mistake from an earlier pay run, make sure you select the same pay calendar and period as the incorrect pay run.
- Click Create.
- Select the employee checkboxes to include them in the pay run.
- (Optional) Click the employee name, amend their payslip, then click Save & Close. Repeat for each employee as needed.
- (Optional) Click the Memo button to add a personal message to the employee’s payslip.
- Click Post.
- You'll see a Confirm Pay Run message. If you're:
- Correcting an unpaid pay run, click Post to confirm.
- Correcting a paid pay run with a payment date that's passed, select H: Correction to Earlier Submission for the Late Payroll Information Report, and then click Complete Pay Run to confirm.