Submit a timesheet using My Payroll
Use My Payroll to submit new timesheets for approval. If you've taken time off during a pay period, submit an application for those hours. Don't include leave hours within your timesheet.
How it works
- Submit your timesheets for approval so that your earnings, time off and holidays calculate correctly in your pay. You enter the time you work using 'time blocks'.
- You can only enter numbers. All entries are treated as hours (HH) unless you add a colon (HH:MM).
- You must enter a number before a colon otherwise, your entry resets to 0:00. For example, :30 or :8 reset to 0:00.
- You can't enter more than five numbers.
- If you don't enter anything, Xero uses 0:00.
Submit a timesheet
- In the Payroll menu, select My Payroll.
- Click the Timesheets tab.
From the Any Status list, select Unsubmitted to see the timesheets that you need to create or complete.Any timesheets that your payroll administrator or manager has created for you are shown in the All Timesheets list.
Click Create for the pay period you want to create a timesheet for.
Click a time block to enter the time you worked.
Select the type of earnings you should be receiving.
Enter the number of hours you worked.The summary area updates automatically as you add information.
- (Optional) If any of your hours are on a different earnings rate, click Add New to enter the details.
- Edit the remaining time blocks to complete the timesheet.
- Click Submit.
The timesheet is sent for approval but if you need, you can edit or delete it before it's approved.